Back To Top

History

One of the great Bessarabian villages, picturesque village Nimoreni is situated between large fishpond on the top of Ianovats River, which descends from Capriana forests, on the right part of Chisinau international autobahn. Near is Leuseni customs, localities Suruceni and Malcoci, large vineyards. Parishioners from nearby Nimoreni have two ancient monasteries - Condrita and Suruceni.

In the archives are listed several names – Moreni, Mimoreni, Nemoreni, Nimoreni. In a document of March 20, 1545, by which the ruler Petru Rares determines boundaries of Capriana monastery estates, is mentioned along with other villages in the province Lapusna, and "the Morenii Ianovaţului on the water". And on August 12, 1649 Prince Vasile Lupu gave to his sons Peter Suruceanul, Gligore and Danila, a gift from Uncle Simon the estate Bostanica "Mimorenii above Ianovats". On July 26, 1658 Vasil Capatich from Nimoreni appears as witness to a dossier  from Suruceni.

In 1774 Nimoreni had 36 houses. In 1820 village had 49 houses with 22 cellars and 19 orchards, habitants owned 65 cows, 100 oxen and 224 sheep, sold annually in Chisinau 600 buckets of wine. Good beehives had Ion Dogariu, Gregory Covaliu, Vasile Gheorghe. Church clergy had 6 houses with three cellars, 7 horses and 11 cows, 32 beehives.

In September 1922, after the two sides of the Prut had unified  Romanian Institute "Our House" has allotted to the peasants of Nimoreni 477 264 ha of land. Statistics of 1923 has set in this village in the valley of Ianovats river two mansions houses, a primary school, a tavern. Also, two churches embellished locality, one of wood, built in 1791 and one of stone, built in 1916. They kept the old icons and three books published in the years 1753-1775.

Legend says that the current village grew on the site of several houses in the woods and made Memoreni-Nemoreni toponym expresses the ancestral speech "town of wood between forests". In 1933 Nimorenii had 1362 people. The rich farmer was considered Chiliischi Isaac, who owns 25 hectares of vineyards.

Powered by Eminence Archbishop Gurie of Nimoreni, Mayor Gheorghe Stefan started to collect money to build a new school. In 1933 from the 453 children aged 5-16 years were enrolled in school only 155 students, teachers who trained children where Spiridon Vutcarau, Domnica Leahu and Maria Marcoci.

Soviet government registered in Nimoreni 387 buildings and 1470 inhabitants, of which only 16 people were of other ethnicities. Taken aback by the ultimatum sent by the Soviet government to Romanian Crown, part of the soldiers from Romanian army were returned to moldova, then, as "potential enemies" were taken "to admire" the Siberian taiga, another soldiers remained in Roamania. They returned a year later, in July 1941, to fight against Soviet army. Some fugitives have wandered through the woods until the spring of 1944, when they found themselves in a detachment of Soviet paratroopers “Dzerzhinsky”. Then in fierce clashes on the forest paths were killed by bullets Gregory and Jacob Birsan, Cozma and Toader Burlacu remained alive. Total mobilization, which started in autumn 1944, gathered all men who could keep a gun in hand. It is long and painful list here killed in World War II.

Stalinist regime invented all the time "enemies" and instigated the "dictatorship of the proletariat" to fight them relentlessly. In the first year of "liberation" red commissars put him in handcuffs on the former mayor Gheorghe Stefan and at age of 54 years have curtailed days in a camp in Sverdlovsk region.

On August 1, 1949, according to official census in Nimoreni where living 1328 people, all Moldovans.

In the post-war period people from Nimoreni shed sweat on the fields, the vineyards and three brigades of sovhoz "Vierul" from Suruceni. In 1979 the total population of Nimoreni numbered 1728 people in 1989 in Nimoreni lived 2008 inhabitants. The last census in October 2004 found 2,300 people here, the overwhelming majority Moldovans.

People from Nimoreni gave our nation a great Metropolitan of manhood and wisdom, which Nicolae Iorga said: "Gurii Grosu stood the whole fight for Romanian language". Born on January 2, 1877 in the family of church singer, Gurie Grosu graduated from the Chisinau Theological Seminary and Spiritual Academy in Kiev. On April 28, 1928 Archbishop Metropolitan of Bessarabia became Gurie. He died on November 14, 1943, and was buried at the Monastery Cernica in Bucharest with high honors. Grosu Gurie Metropolitan remained in history as the founder of Moldovan National Party, published the first primer of Bessarabia with Latin letters at March 27, 1918, with a Te Deum, accompanied by a group of priests, consecrated epochal Act of Union. Through his work, preserved in the Museum of Romanian Literature "M. Kogîlniceanu of  Chisinau”, was honored posthumously declared to be a member of the Writers Union of RM.
In 2004 in Nimoreni, in the churchyard, was erected a bust, which was consecrated by a group of priests. The bust was carved by the sculptor of Arcadia Gamco from Suruceni. Commemorative plate on the pedestal informs: "It is founded by Turculet family in 2004."

administration Nimoreni 2012

Search

Contact us

E-mail:
Subject:
Message: